Don’t you hate when your favorite nail polish somehow gets stuck and won’t open? I swear I almost broke my tooth trying to get one of my faves to open! Thanks to Polish Insomniac, I will never risk losing a tooth over a bottle of sticky nail polish again.
Here are step-by-step instructions on unsticking your nail polish:
- Fill a short glass with warm water from your sink.
- Invert your bottle of polish and drop it in the glass of warm water.
- If the polish has a label on the bottom (OPI, ChG, CND, etc.) make sure the glass is not so full that the bottle is fully submerged. This should preserve your label!
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Remove the bottle of polish from the glass of warm water.
- Voila! You can now open your bottle of nail polish easily!
- To prevent this from happening again, clean off the bottle with nail polish remover. If you have recently done your nails and don’t want to use cotton pads or felt, you can put a few drops of thinner on the bottle instead.