Tragedy struck the country Friday, December 14 when we learned of a mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. Saturday, police released the names of the 26 individuals who were killed.
– Charlotte Bacon, 2/22/06, female
– Daniel Barden, 9/25/05, male
– Rachel Davino, 7/17/83, female.
– Olivia Engel, 7/18/06, female
– Josephine Gay, 12/11/05, female
– Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 04/04/06, female
– Dylan Hockley, 3/8/06, male
– Dawn Hochsprung, 06/28/65, female
– Madeleine F. Hsu, 7/10/06, female
– Catherine V. Hubbard, 6/08/06, female
– Chase Kowalski, 10/31/05, male
– Jesse Lewis, 6/30/06, male
– James Mattioli , 3/22/06, male
– Grace McDonnell, 12/04/05, female
– Anne Marie Murphy, 07/25/60, female
– Emilie Parker, 5/12/06, female
– Jack Pinto, 5/06/06, male
– Noah Pozner, 11/20/06, male
– Caroline Previdi, 9/07/06, female
– Jessica Rekos, 5/10/06, female
– Avielle Richman, 10/17/06, female
– Lauren Rousseau, 6/1982, female (full date of birth not specified)
– Mary Sherlach, 2/11/56, female
– Victoria Soto, 11/04/85, female
– Benjamin Wheeler, 9/12/06, male
– Allison N. Wyatt, 7/03/06, female
The alleged shooter Adam Lanza, 20, died Friday from a gunshot wound that police believe was self-inflicted. According to reports, Lanza forced his way into the school approximately 30 minutes after classes began and fired his weapon at least 100 times during the shooting. Police say that Lanza had enough ammunition to kill almost every student in the school, had he had the time.
Authorities also believe that the gunman killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was found shot to death in her home Friday. There is no word on a possible motive for the shooting.
The first two victims were buried today as school officials try to determine when and where classes would resume, given that the students have such horrible memories of their school.
Let’s keep the families affected by this tragedy as well as the town of Newtown in our prayers.
SOURCE: Huffington Post