We found a low-calorie recipe for cheddar soup on Fitsugar and what makes sound even tastier is that it contains cauliflower.
Not only is cauliflower nice on your taste buds, it has also been linked to cancer prevention, detox support, cardiovascular support and digestive support. Cauliflower also is an amazing antioxidant and an excellent source of vitamin K, which provides us with anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Check out the recipe below.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 large leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced and rinsed
4 cups chopped cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
2 1/2 cups low-fat milk, divided
2 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. While stirring, at leeks and cook for about 5 minutes until they become soft.
2. Add cauliflower, 2 cups of milk, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
4. Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and flour in a small bowl.
5. After the cauliflower becomes soft, remove the bay leaf and stir in the milk mixture. Cook over medium-high heat while stirring until the soup becomes thick.
6. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and cheese.