The country will be celebrating Independence Day tomorrow and that also means that many people will be using fireworks. During the month of July, especially around the 4th of July holiday, an average of 200 people are sent to the emergency room for fireworks related injuries.
Check out a few tips in the infographic above and the section below to ensure the safety of you and your family as you all celebrate the holiday.
- Never allow young children to play with or light fireworks.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are in brown packages because this is often a sign that they were manufactured for professional displays/shows.
- Always have adults supervise any fireworks activities.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.