Thank you for your interest in guest blogging for JessicaSimien.com!
The blog/website is a unique mix of lifestyle and entertainment content coupled along with tips for bloggers and entrepreneurs. Here you’ll find articles about life, fashion and beauty, spirituality and food in addition to how-to’s, culture and more.
Our readership is 75% female with 37% of our readers are between the ages of 18-24. They are entertainment news junkies, music lovers, beauty mavens and shopaholics interested in dating services, apparel and accessories, beauty products and services and arts/entertainment.
Our goal is to provide thought-provoking content while addressing problems of the everyday woman from how to style her hair to what she needs to know as far as world events, staying healthy and taking charge of her life. We want to keep her knowledgeable while simultaneously entertaining her.
WHO CAN WRITE FOR US?
We’re open to all contributions but we expect our guest bloggers to be skilled in writing and have the ability to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
TYPES OF CONTENT WE ACCEPT
We accept content geared toward fashion and beauty, music, arts, culture, spirituality, food, entrepreneurship and in-depth opinion articles geared toward current events. The way you present the article is totally up to you, but please follow the specifications below.
- All posts must be original. We do not accept posts that have been published elsewhere.
- We do not accept press releases as blog posts.
- We do not accept posts that are sales focused. If you are interested in a sponsored post, please click here.
- Please submit only a short pitch of your post, not a draft. If your pitch is approved, we will contact you for more information.
This website is very informal and most articles are written as if we’re having a conversation with a friend. Please use a casual tone and voice.
- Post Length: Posts must be at least 200 words, but not more than 700 words.
- Image Requirements: It is not necessary to include an image with your post. Our editors will add relevant images to your article. However, if you do have images for your posts, they must be original images that belong to you or that you have obtained a license for.
- Sources: You must cite all sources used for your post by including the name of the source and a link to the content.
- Links: You may link to other cites within your post but these links are subject to our approval. When you can, please link to content on this website before using another site.
Please note that we only accept story pitches. Please do not submit drafts or final edits of a story. When sending in your pitch, submit it within the body of an email. We will not open any attachments.
JessicaSimien.com reserves the right to edit your title, headlines, bylines, body copy and anything else at our discretion. Once you submit a piece of writing, it immediately becomes property of JessicaSimien.com / Simien Media Group.
You can submit your pitch by emailing email@example.com with “Guest Blogger Pitch” in the email subject line. By submitting your pitch and having your post published, you relinquish rights to monetary compensation for work published on this site.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU HIT SEND
After your pitch is submitted, please give us at least 5-7 business days to review it and respond. If we decide not to move forward with your story, we’ll be sure to tell you why and guide you in the right direction for future responses.