I can’t believe Dancing With the Stars is in it’s 18th season.
The show kicks off on March 17 on ABC and this season has an interesting cast. Reality TV star/actress Nene Leakes, singer Billy Dee Williams and comedian Drew Carey are all lined up to perform.
One new twist to this show this season is that at some point all dancers will switch partners. Last fall as and when the show aired, the number of viewers was slightly lower and older. The average viewer is 61.6 years old. The producers of the show are trying to keep their younger viewers.
I think Nene was added to the roster obviously because of her drama factor and she may be able to boost the ratings a little, depending on her behavior. Here’s a full list of the cast and their partners:
• Full House actress Candace Cameron Bure & Mark Ballas
• Wonder Years actress Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy
• Swimmer Diana Nyad & Henry Byalikov
• Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes & Tony Dovolani
• Pop star Cody Simpson & Witney Carson
• The Price is Right host Drew Carey & Cheryl Burke
• Olympic ice dancing gold medalist Meryl Davis & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
• Olympic ice dancing gold medalist Charlie White & Sharna Burgess
• Para-snowboarder Amy Purdy (who lost both her legs after contracting menigitis) & Derek Hough
• Former NHL player Sean Avery & Karina Smirnoff
• Singer/actor Billy Dee Williams & Emma Slater
• Big Time Rush band member/actor James Maslow & Peta Murgatroyd
Source: USA Today