If I had a dollar for every time I heard a female say something about getting summertime fine, I would have a nice piece of change. This year I even saw a few males post it in a few of my social networks.
Summertime is the time to show more skin and shed out of the winter wardrobe. We want to be visually appealing for the summer but many times we wait until the summer hits to try to get ready for it. I’ve compiled a list of 10 tips to stay summertime fine all year long.
1. Visit your doctor annually to monitor the condition of your health.
2. Find out your healthy weight.
3. Drink plenty of water daily.
4. Be active daily! Sometimes it’s hard to develop a routine when you have a busy schedule. There are various activities you can do in the comfort of your own home like dancing or an exercise DVD.
5. Replace junk food with fruits and vegetables to snack on.
6. Cook at home, fast foods have tons of calories! Meal prep is a great way to stay proactive.
7. Bake more instead of frying.
8. Take mental health days because your mental health can sometimes trigger bad eating habits.
9. Don’t eat late. After 8 p.m., shut the kitchen down.
10. Eat your breads and other carbs before lunch time or as early as you can in the day. This helps burn them off during the remainder of your day.
I’m no size 6, but I do try to maintain my weight throughout the year and these tips keep me from gaining unwanted pounds. My main advice to anyone would be to love yourself year round, no matter what size you are.
Keep pressing, get healthy and stay healthy!