Happy National Honey Month! It’s no wonder that honey has an entire month dedicated to it – it has amazing properties that benefit our hair, skin and health. Honey is antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal and it contains over 20 different minerals and amino acids. Need I go on?
With all the benefits associated with this natural ingredient, it’s no surprise that people have used it for generations for their homemade beauty remedies.
Because I’m so awesome and sweet, I did all the dirty work for you! I scoured the internet in search of beauty recipes that used honey as a main ingredient. You can check out 10 of them below!
1. Brown Sugar and Honey Facial Scrub: Replace expensive, store-bought scrubs with this one that you can make at home and get the same (if not better) results!
2. Coconut Oil and Honey Body Wash: With coconut oil on moisture duty and honey on soothing duty, you’ll never want to leave the shower after using this body wash.
3. Honey Coconut Body Butter: Who can resist a good, thick body butter? I can’t! This recipe pairs honey and coconut for a sweet smelling butter.
4. Honey Citrus Lip Balm: Have any citrus essential oils around your house? Use them to make your own honey citrus lip balm.
5. Goat Milk and Honey Shampoo Bar: Goat milk contains alpha-hydroxy acids that softens your skin to help remove dead skin cells. It’s also antibacterial, making it the perfect ingredient to mix with honey.
6. Coconut Oil and Honey Face Mask: This facial mask is packed with antioxidants that help repair damaged tissue.
7. Honey and Aloe Facial Cleanser: Using only three ingredients, this facial cleanser is super easy and inexpensive to make.
8. Honey, Rose and Oat Face Cleanser: This beautiful mixture of natural ingredients is perfect for dry skin.
9. Honey Ginger Hand Lotion: This DIY lotion infuses honey with essential oils to make a moisturizing cream for your hands.
10. Banana with Honey and Coconut Deep Conditioner: Banana contains potassium and other nutrients that help to boost the elasticity of your hair.